The thoughts I post in this blog are part of my required classes I am taking at Boise State University to complete my Master’s in Educational Technology (M.E.T.). This blog is located within the website, https://angiekruzich.wordpress.com/. I update this blog as part of my final portfolio to be used for graduation purposes.
I also maintain a website for my classroom which includes a blog. This is located on Connect, which is the platform my school district purchased for teacher and district employee website use.
Earned Income Sources
As stated above, I am a math teacher who works for Issaquah School District (ISD) in Issaquah, Washington. I have worked at ISD since September 1993. Besides substitute teaching in 1992, ISD has been the only district where I have taught. I am paid a small stipend to maintain a website for ISD. Although if I keep track of the time I put into my website and the number of hours I am paid to update my website, the two numbers are not equal.
I supplement my teaching income by tutoring privately.
Am I a Blogger?
This is an excellent question. I started blogging for my classroom almost four years ago. Mostly I blog about what happened during class that day in hopes that students and parents will read it when a student is absent or as a reminder to what occurred in class on any given day. These are not enticing blogs to read that tend to draw the reader back for more. Instead, this is a blog of functionality.
My blog for Boise State is also strictly guided by what is required in the courses I have taken. Sometimes you will catch glimpses of my opinion(s) in a subtle (or not so subtle) manner. Because a blogger is defined to be someone who writes about their own experiences or observations, I guess I am a blogger!
- Business Ties – none
- Media Ties – none
- Memberships/Affiliations – Planet Fitness
- Stocks – I do own stocks and mutual funds. If you need to know, send me an email.
- Religion – yes
- Politics – I tend to side with those who make decisions not altered by political parties. Instead I side with what is best for citizens, frequently this will be a democrat but not always.
- Other Employers – I receive a small stipend from Bellevue College for offering College in the High School credit to my calculus students.
- Volunteer Work – none, but I would love to given more time. I do help raise food for the Issaquah Food Bank once per year.
- Do you do any work paid or unpaid in politics or government? Have you done any lobbying of governmental bodies?
- I do help out Issaquah Education Association as time allows. I support any idea behind doing what’s best for students and yes this sometimes means teachers too. If teachers are happy, then students will be in a better learning environment.
- Do you have any financial investments or financial ties that may limit your ability to cover specific topics free of conflict, and if so, what are the topics?
- none that I am aware of
- Although we don’t regulate the activities of spouses, partners or immediate family members of our contributors, do any of their professional or personal involvements or any of their financial investments or ties make certain topics inappropriate for you, and if so, what are the topics?
- no as my husband works for the garbage company
- Have you accepted any free trips, junkets or press trips in the last two years? Have you accepted any substantial free merchandise or discounts from people we might cover?
- Yes, I received a free trip to Las Vegas the summer of 2013 to attend the AP National Institute for AP Statistics. However, this trip was part of a grant to prepare for teaching AP Stats for the first time.
- Has anything you’ve written later resulted in a published editor’s note or retraction for deliberate falsehood or plagiarism or become the subject of a lawsuit involving allegations of deliberate falsehood? (If yes, please include details about the publication and your role in the article or story. If a lawsuit, please describe the disposition of the case.)
- nothing at this time
[Note: This page is an adapted version of one completed in Full Disclosure at Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org. It has only been personalized and the text largely remains consistent with the original used by Miguel Guhlin]